Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chag Kasher V'Sameach

It is now shortly before candle-lighting on Erev Pesach and I wanted to steal a few minutes to wish all my readers a chag kasher v'sameach.

I am certain there are already numerous news reports about how Bichas haChama came off in many parts of the world especially here in Eretz Yisroel so you don't need me to report. It was a spectacular event at the Kosel. As I predicted, I didn't go but 4 of my children went and they all had a lot to say when they got back.

Here in Har Nof there was a temendous gathering at the "summit" of the mountain. My son, Yaakov, remarked that this is the first recital of Birchas HaChama in Har Nof. There was no Har Nof 28 years ago. Maybe they said it here 2800 years ago (Probably not because the first Bais HaMikdash was newly erected around then so why not say it there?) All in all it was a great kiddush hashem and I hope it will be a greart zchus for klal yisroel.

The interesting thing was that it was a clear blue sky with perfect visibility despite certain doomsday predictions of a rainstorm. Lest you think it was all a bunch of hot air, I am reporting that the skies have darkend and there is light rain falling in Jerusalem as I write. My assumption is that the weather people weren't wrong, the clouds were really meant to come but HKBH held them back for us for a bit so we can say the bracha me'omek halev.

In other words, I maintain that by "natural" conditions it should have been dark and overcast and the clear blue skies were a hidden miracle.

Gut yom tov to all.

Chezkel

No comments:

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Translate