Thursday, November 10, 2016

Of Cabbages and Kings: The Best Posts of Parshas Lech Lecha

I am sure glad this election is over. Personally, I did not vote because voting absentee is a pain and I am anyway from a "safe" blue state, so what for?

Moreover, this way I can't take the blame for whatever clown is in the Whitehouse.

Still, I am happy that Trump got the nod because, in my opinion, Hillary was definitely the evil of the two lessors.

Around this time of year we start meeting up with Kings and heads of state. All kinds. We start with Nimrod and we also meet one of the earliest Pharaohs. Next week we'll get Avi-Melech. Then we get four kings here and five kings there and finally, the good one, Malki-Tzedek.

Everybody was busy staking their territorial claims and asserting their dominance. There is a lot of this going on today. Though it doesn't get much press, there is a lot of pushing and shoving going around in the region of Syria where Uncle Sam and Cousin Boris do not seem to be getting along.

So where does our Trump card fit in? Are we looking at the next Nimrod or the next Malki-Tzedek? Will he be a king or a cabbage?

Time will tell, but in the meanwhile, I do want to refer my readers, especially the new ones, to two very inspiring posts that I wrote in the past about these ancient rulers.

The first is a very insightful and seriously relevant subject about who did the land of Israel belong to immediately after the great flood. To read it, click here:

Who Did the Land of Israel First Belong to After the Flood?


In that post we really get to know one of the more underrated Kings: Kedarleomar - who was he really?

And, on a lighter note, I would like to link to an all-time favorite:The Biblical Psychotherapist

Enjoy and good Shabbos!

Yechezkel

No comments:

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Translate